What’s Happening Today – February 11, 2022 – DelmarvaLife
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We sit down with the authors of “The Five Core Conversations for Couples”, David and Julie Bulitt. They talk about how to keep love alive all year round.
Mindy Allen-Townsend of A&A Companies tells us why it’s so important to stay on top of your HVAC maintenance.
Next week is “random acts of kindness” week. the mayor of Salisbury, Jake Day; and Salisbury Kindness Secretary Grace Foxwell-Murdock visit us on their fun day of spreading kindness.
The Humane Society of Wicomico County is running out of space for dogs. This is why they are appealing for foster families. You can learn more about the shelter’s promotion or donation for expansion by clicking here. We also have a dog and four cats to adopt from other shelters in the area.
We’re in the DelmarvaLife kitchen with Chef Sharliena Berry-Jenkins of Karmic Creations Catering to make her famous Tik Tok Spaghetti Bread Bowl.
For the spaghetti with meat sauce:
1/2 lb ground beef (cooked)
1/2 lb ground Italian sausage (cooked)
1 can 15 oz no salt added pasta sauce
1/2 can no salt added diced tomatoes
1 tsp olive oil
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 lb cooked pasta
For the bowls:
1 8 oz cream cheese (any savory flavor)
2 cups of mozerella cheese
1 sliced round baker’s loaf
examples (sourdough, hearty bulk Tuscan,
french bread, etc.) make sure it is large enough to sanctify and fill with pasta.
Cook and drain pasta according to package. Put aside.
Add sauce and diced tomatoes to a medium to large saucepan. Add seasonings, sugar and olive oil. Cook the ground beef and sausage, strain the oil and add to the sauce. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Then cut and remove the center of the bread. Dig enough to make room for the pasta. Drizzle the bread with a little olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and a pinch of salt.
Toast the bread for 3-5 minutes on 375.
Then spread the cream cheese inside the bread, then sprinkle mozerella cheese over the cream cheese.
Then add your spaghetti to the bread.
Top with more cream cheese and mozerella cheese. Put it in the oven and let the cheese melt. Once the cheese has melted, remove the bread bowl from the oven and top with Parmesan.
Need a dessert that will feed a crowd? You have it! These Candy Bar Slab Cookies are baked on a baking sheet, so you’ll end up with enough to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. Plus, these slab cookies feature a winning combination of graham cracker crust, chocolate chips, nuts and…wait…your favorite chopped candy bars. Yum!
What you will need
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped assorted candy bars
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10×15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and melted butter; mix well. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the baking sheet. Cook 8 minutes; put aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and the brown sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat eggs and vanilla. Add flour and salt, and beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Gently spread over prepared crust. Sprinkle with candy pieces.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely and cut into bars.
Planning on crafting these for the big game? It’s awesome! If you want even more ideas, check out our collection of Game Day desserts.
Comments are closed.