The best places to eat in Los Angeles according to Yelp – NBC Los Angeles
Hunger? Yelp released its list of the 100 best places to eat in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley on Monday, highlighting not only local favorites, but also hidden gems and hidden spots in malls that they say will will keep you coming back.
The list includes French bakeries, Hawaiian, Mediterranean, sushi and of course tacos.
Yelp often posts “best of” lists — like if you’re looking for an Orange County bakery that takes the cake, check this place out.
If you need to cool off, a glacier that has been rated best in California is also in OC.
How does Yelp determine this list?
Yelp takes total review volume and ratings to determine the best of the best. Yelp also said it is ensuring restaurants are open from June 28, 2022 and have a satisfactory health score.
So buckle up and grab some cash and check out these LA restaurants that Angelenos love.
What Yelpers like: Croissants, chouquettes and sandwiches
Yelpers go gaga for this French bakery.
What Yelpers say: “It’s HYPE! The fresh baked goods here are inexplicable…You won’t get anything of this caliber in LA,” Yelpers say.
What Yelpers like: Spam Crispy Rice, Horseradish Crusted Mahi Mahi and Beet Salad
What Yelpers say: “The vibe is great and honestly felt like I was on the island…right in the middle of the valley!” – Cynthia S.
What Yelpers like: Spam musubi and plate of prawns
What Yelpers Say: “My sister and I both had the shrimp plate. Let me just say it was so good!! The garlic butter shrimp was tasty and crispy, the potato salad and macaroni was refreshing yet creamy and the purple rice complemented it so well Just thinking back to the shrimp plate makes me drool If you are in downtown LA you have to visit Broken Mouth and grab the shrimp plate You will definitely take your taste buds to the flavor of the city!” – Yelp Elite Vanessa B.
4. Barsha (Hermosa Beach)
What Yelpers like: Hand of Fatima and lamb meatballs
What Yelpers Say: Yelpers say: “A really cool mom and pop type place with both intimate indoor space and a reasonable patio. Cool bar, inventive Tunisian/Middle Eastern menu, live music scene and a very active owner making sure everyone feels welcome and taken care of. – Yelp Elite Mike M.
What Yelpers like: Breakfast, burgers
What Yelpers Say“Their green salsa is amazing! Albert is a gem and by having a limited menu they can focus on quality. Highly recommend!” -Orlando D.
What Yelpers like: Chicken firecracker sandwich, chicken burrata sandwich, super turkey sandwich
What Yelpers Say“It might sound crazy, but we booked a hotel in Moorpark just because of Uncle AF’s. People say you’ll always be looking for that first feeling, but nope! Uncle Af’s is the real deal! Their sandwiches are perfect, the bread is amazing, and everything is perfectly harmonized.” – Art C.
What Yelpers like: Pollo con crema, Taco de mole, Pollo adobado
What Yelpers Say: “My recommendation would be the tinga volcano because it literally tastes like eating homemade tinga with the crispy taco shell.” – Michael P.
What Yelpers like: Bombay Tikka Masala, Fungi Lama, halal options
What Yelpers Say“I loved how fresh and non greasy this pizza was! We ordered the Shrimp Tuscany but they have lots of fusion flavors like their signature Bombay Tikka Masala pizza which I will definitely try next time I visit. The owner is absolutely the sweetest. You can tell he cares about his business and wants to make sure the customers are happy. He gave us free drinks since we were new customers! Definitely one of the best pizza in LA!! The crust is airy and crispy. You have to order online and they have limited seating outside.” – Melissa J.
What Yelpers like: Al pastor, carne asada, cabeza tacos and burritos
What Yelpers Say: “The best tacos in Venice Beach! Authentic fresh and cheap. Been eating here for about 4 years now, it’s still the same $,” – Ori B.
What Yelpers like: Kouign Amann, Croque Madame, pastries
What Yelpers Say: “Cute French bakery. Small space. No indoor dining provided so we took the goodies home. Would definitely come back for the Kouign Amann. Kouign Amann – THE BEST. croissant!” – Janet K.
11. Wild Cut (Burbank)
12. The Monta Factory (Pasadena)
13. Courtside Caffe (Burbank)
14. Makin Vegan Sushi & Izakaya (Agoura Hills)
15. The Good Good – Vegan Kitchen + Bakery (Los Angeles)
16. Chomp Chomp Food Truck (Los Angeles)
17. Mex Peru Gipsy (Los Angeles)
18. Miracle Bakery (Burbank)
19. OSTE (West Hollywood)
20. Street Tacos and Grill (Los Angeles)
21. Rooted Life (Burbank)
22. Drive Thru Pupusas (Los Angeles)
23. Up to Fry (Burbank)
24. Fish Poke & Ramen (West Hollywood)
25. Mojitos (San Fernando)
26. Blue Water Cafe (Woodland Hills)
27. Bright Juice / Vegan Market (Echo Park)
28. Frogtowns Gourmet Tacos (Los Angeles)
29. ViaSelfie Fusion Kitchen (Burbank)
30. Maru Pit Stop (Los Angeles)
31. Variable Cafe (Los Angeles)
32. Cinnamon Indian Food (Los Angeles)
33. Pizza Pazza Wood Fired Pizza (Burbank)
34. Leaf Cafe (Burbank)
35. Chicken Gol Tong (Los Angeles)
36. Underwater King (Burbank)
37. Tandoori Eats (Los Angeles)
38. Correa and Mariscos Market (Los Angeles)
39. Mex Cocina Cafe (Burbank)
40. Blasteran (Beverly Hills)
41. BBQ + RICE (East Hollywood)
42. TK Cafe (Burbank, CA)
43. Sulga House of Beef Bone Soup (Los Angeles)
44. Zaatar Factory and Bakery (Burbank)
45. Roots and Rye (Echo Park)
46. My Little Thai Kitchen at Home (Burbank)
47. Whistlin’ Dixie (Los Angeles)
48. Red Maple Coffee (Burbank)
49. LA Prime Caffe (Los Angeles)
50. Whata Peach (Studio City)
51. Tri-Border Brunch and Grill (Los Angeles)
52. Guild Hall (Burbank)
53. Emily’s Grill (Culver City)
54. Holbox (Los Angeles)
55. Chained Rabbit Craft Pub (Burbank)
56. Soseji (Los Angeles)
57. Altadena Express (Burbank)
58. Karuba Court Kitchen (Inglewood)
59. Porto Bakery and Cafe (Burbank)
60. Pokemon Tarzana (Tarzana)
61. Uncle Johnny’s Burgers (Los Angeles)
62. n/naka (Los Angeles)
63. Perry’s Joint (Pasadena)
64. Tomato Field (Woodland Hills)
65. Ponsonby Road Cafe (Los Angeles)
66. King’s Deli (Burbank)
67. Ma Ducs (Hills of Agoura)
68. Grilled fish from Tel-Aviv (Tarzana)
69. Roots Indian Bistro (Los Angeles)
70. BB Kyu (San Fernando)
71. 401K Food and Wine (Venice)
72. MA Italian Kitchen (Burbank)
73. Rajas con Crema (Maywood)
74. LOVE (West Hollywood)
75. PSY Street Food (Los Angeles)
76. Carnes Asadas Pancho Lopez (Los Angeles)
77. The Stanton HB (Hermosa Beach)
78. Brothers Cousins Tacos (Los Angeles)
79. Double Trouble Union (Los Angeles)
80. Flavors from afar (Los Angeles)
81. LA Tacos & Skewers (Los Angeles)
82. Mediterranean Grillers (Glendale)
83. Banadir Somali Restaurant (Inglewood)
84. Tapatia Mexican Food (Culver City)
85. Barrio (Los Angeles)
86. Sushi Karen (Pasadena)
87. Quiadaiyn Restaurant (Los Angeles)
88. The Burrow Bar and Kitchen (Los Angeles)
89. Curry Kingdom (West Hollywood)
90. E Che Pizza and Pasta (West Los Angeles)
91. Alfalfa (Santa Monica)
92. Creamy Spoon French Bistro (Glendale)
93. Masala Indian House (Los Angeles)
94. Strada Restaurant & Bar (Los Angeles)
95. Two Doughs Pizza Co (Agoura Hills)
96. Sustainabowl (Los Angeles)
97. Crustees Eatery (Los Angeles)
98. Umigame Japanese Cuisine (Sherman Oaks)
99. Sushi Miyagi (Los Angeles)
100. The Breakfast Shack (Los Angeles)